Friday, September 24, 2004

 

By the Power of the Kerry

At Opinion Journal, they discuss a Kerry interview at NPR. Seems as Siegal was trying to pin Kerry down about some of what he thinks about Iraq, he said:

Kerry: I do not intend to increase troops. I intend to get the process in place that I described, and I believe as a new president, with new credibility, with a fresh start, that I have the ability to be able to change the dynamics on the ground.

As Taranto brilliantly noted:

So finally, after asking the question three times, Siegel gets an answer out of Kerry: "I do not intend to increase troops," even if that's what the generals say is necessary. (Note: This column, like Kerry, takes no position on the appropriate troop strength in Iraq, so please don't vote for us either.) He goes on to imply that it won't be necessary, because simply by being John Kerry, he will "be able to change the dynamics on the ground."

That's right, Kerry expects us to believe he will succeed in Iraq on the sheer power of his personality. Really makes you confident, doesn't it?

Go read the whole thing.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?