Wednesday, September 22, 2004

 

Examples of Kerry's Flip-flopping

What Sen. John Kerry has said in the past about the Iraq war.

Oct. 9, 2002: "I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

Sept. 4, 2003: "I don't think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running. That's irresponsible."

Dec. 4: "The administration is considering what is tantamount to a cut-and-run strategy. Their sudden embrace of accelerated Iraqification and American troop withdrawal without adequate stability is an invitation to failure."

Aug. 6, 2004: "I believe that within a year from now, we could significantly reduce American forces in Iraq, and that's my plan."

Aug. 16: "I would have voted for the authority [to go to war]. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have."

Sept. 6: "We want the troops home, and my goal would be to try to get them home in my first term."

Sept. 20: "Iraq was a profound diversion from that war and the battle against our greatest enemy, Osama bin Laden and the terrorists."

Yesterday: "Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who deserves his own special place in hell. But that was not, in itself, a reason to go to war.

(From Newsday, Quoting Vice-President Cheney)

A hat-tip to Occam's Tweezer

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?