Friday, September 24, 2004

 

Kerry Smearing our Vets

Over at the Blogs for Bush, they are running a piece about a woman who lost her father during Vietnam, and why she won't be backing him. She says:

I don't blame Kerry for my father's death, and I don't much care if he shamelessly chased after medals. But I do care that when he returned from Vietnam he gave aid and comfort to the enemy while our soldiers were still dying. I care that he smeared my father and a generation of our armed forces with false charges of war crimes while posing himself as a hero. I care that Kerry's false charges encouraged our enemy who was pressuring our POWs in inhumane ways to confess to imaginary war crimes. I care that he went to Paris to meet with the Viet Cong in 1970 while still an officer in the Navy Reserve, returning to publicly advocate for their position and against America's position.

We need to be thinking about this.

Kerry to gain political power in the 70s joined the side that was using techniques to disihearten Americans to get us out of the war.

He testified to being in Cambodia when he wasn't.

He implied that all soldiers were doing war crimes.

How many lives were hurt because of this rhetoric?

And now, those people who were young in the seventies are trying the same tactics in regard to Iraq. Already, there is a story about one soldier getting beat up going to a theater with a "Free Iraq" tshirt on. Do we let these people trip up our country again?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?