Wednesday, October 13, 2004

 

An example of Hate

Reading Overtaking Events, where Matt is running an article about scary stuff coming from the Democrats, I ran across a link to this discussion thread at the Democratic Underground.

Anyone to the right of McCain or Lugar should be considered ...

...treasonous, dangerous, a threat to our freedom, probably a radical religious fundamentalist, and generally not someone to turn your back on. And if they make any sudden moves, make it so they won't move again.



If I didn't know better, I would think I was reading a Bolshevik era discussion of how to deal with those who didn't agree with you.

It is comforting to know that I live in a country where people think I should die because of my political and religious beliefs, and that my very existance is a threat to their freedom (as if their freedom to hate outweighs my freedom not to behave that way).

It is comforting to know that I live in a country where taling likethat is not considered grounds for incarceration, torture or other wrongs.

But it is scary that some people are so far from reality that they pump themselves up to hate this much.

And can call themselves democratic with a straight face.

Are we looking into the face of the next totalitarian governement? What's the difference between such people and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi? Well, they haven't started the beheadings yet, but they have pumped enough hate into their bodies that we may very well see attacks of more than words.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?